Cuddly Links Collection¶
Last update date: 06/27/2020.
My collection of web sites. Mostly CS stuff, some humanity ones.
Note: some links may be broken. This is unavoidable.
To avoid duplication, some well-known ones are expected to be excluded here.
All links are at least reviewed in detail by me.
- Github awesome lists
- Other blogs
- More than 100,000 Chrome bookmarks
- Avoid competition with other lists on Github :D
- Keep it concise and compelling
- Short summary for most links
- Surprise experienced students and developers (Optional)
Note: still in progress.
Table of Content¶
- Cuddly Links Collection
- Table of Content
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Human Languages
- Miscellaneous Informative Resources
- Reference and Documentations
- Documentations for Computer Science
- Reference for Biology
- Reference for Computer Science and Information Technology
- Reference for Graphic Design
- Reference for Mathematics
- Reference for Philosophy
- Reference for History
- Reference for Privacy
- Reference for ACGN
- Reference for Data Science
- Other References
- News and Updates
- Other Collections
Self-study materials and online courses.
- Single Variable Calculus - MIT
- Methinks this is the best way to refresh memories for calculus.
Intro to CS¶
- Stanford CS106A
- Or search online and on YouTube for more.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Programming Languages - IT Hare on Soft.ware
Intro to Open Source¶
- C Tutorial
- A short C Tutorial
- Interactive C Tutorial
- Right-Left Rule
- Recommended C Style and Coding Standards
- Practical Modern C++ Teaser – Evolution of a Small Temperature Conversion Program
- Mixing C and C++ Code in the Same Program
- Beginner’s Guide - Python wiki
- Learn Python The Hard Way
- A Whirlwind Tour of Python
- Learn Python
- Python PEPs
- Think Python
- A free book of Allen B. Downey.
- A Byte of Python
- A free book by Swaroop C.H.
- Built-in magic commands — IPython 7.4.0 documentation
- The Python Challenge
General Online Computer Science Schools¶
- edX - open online course provider
- Google Developers Codelabs
- Hands-on experiences…from Google!
Data Structure and Algorithms¶
- Lecture Slides for Algorithm Design
- Pay attention to the reference list there and the books they used. I am not going to list those here.
- Stanford Algorithms 1
- Stanford Algorithms 2
- Data Structures and Algorithms Specialization on Coursera
- Data Structure Tsinghua
- There is a huge list of references in this page, a lot of which are broken though.
- Project Nayuki
- From a
- From a
- Hash Functions and Block Ciphers
- Approximate Heavy Hitters and the Count-Min Sketch
- Grundy numbers for competitive programming
- DC3 algorithm
- An algorithm to build suffix array in linear time
- Slides from Stanford
- There are codes out there, too.
Sites here are ranked
- Great problems with public access to all submissions.
- Great problems with public access to all submissions.
- Good tutorials.
- Code Forces
- Gym is good but no solutions.
- In Russian
- English translation
- Google code jam
- ICPC Live Archive
- This one is a little bit of buggy.
Just Want to Practice Programming¶
Computer Science Miscellaneous¶
Online Data Science Courses¶
- iTunes Podcast
- It seems that to have best experiences, users are required to download the client.
- There are plenty of free and high-quality podcasts. Just change the region of iTunes to the language you are learning.
Japanese Language Dictionary and Tools¶
- Jisho.org: Japanese Dictionary
- Online Japanese Accent Dictionary
- Prosody Tutor Suzuki-kun
- Pitch analysis (same website as above, which contains a lot more useful things)
Japanese Language Reference¶
- How to read this? (input kanji and get hiragana)
- POPjisyo.com - Dictionary Translation Japanese/Chinese/Korean/Kanji/Hanzi
- Japanese Grammar Guide
- (Simplified Chinese) Japanese Grammar Guide
- Japanese Online Self-Help Utility - JOSHU
- By UT Austin Japanese Program.
- 季語と歳時記 – きごさい歳時記
- Lookup the Kigo (seasonal word) here!
Japanese Language Kanji¶
Japanese Language Misc¶
- 日本地図 特産品
- Specialties of Japan by location.
- Japanese Traditional crafts by location
- Marugoto: Japanese language and culture
- A website for a textbook. Using flash.
- Not sure, but it seems to be a website of Japanese department of Yu Da University.
- Sample sentences categorized based on grammar points, with explanation for the grammar.
- Erin’s Challenge! I can speak Japanese
- Kansai Dialect Self-study Site
- Kansai Dialect is a common Japanese dialect.
- MANGA EDUTAINMENT
- Learn meanings of names of manga.
- 擬音語・擬態語 - 日本語を楽しもう！ - マンガを読もう Index
A little messy. Some history and other text included. Apologize.
- Free ebooks - Project Gutenberg
- In case you don’t know, this site has almost all the great books whose copyrights have expired.
- The Internet Classics Archive: 441 searchable works of classical literature
- Internet Shakespeare Editions :: Internet Shakespeare Editions
- Timeless Myths
- Richard Wagner Archive
- The John Milton Reading Room
- The Victorian Web
- Rickard Parker’s “Exploring” series of websites
- The Rise and Fall of Alexandria
- Internet History Source books Project
- How to tell you’re reading a gothic novel – in pictures | Books
Miscellaneous Informative Resources¶
Reference and Documentations¶
Documentations for Computer Science¶
Not trying to be “professional” here to avoid unnecessary duplications.
Use CSD for abbreviation.
Collections of CS Documentations¶
Reference for Biology¶
Reference for Computer Science and Information Technology¶
CS Reference Linux¶
- LinuxMM - Wiki for Linux Memory Management
- Linux Kernelnewbies
- rsaw’s SELinux Cheat Sheet
- Online Linux Manpages
- By the way, do you know you can type
man asciiinstead of searching for little ascii table pictures online?
- By the way, do you know you can type
- kernel - Linux source code(Elixir)
CS Reference Algorithms and Data Structures¶
- Dictionary of Algorithms and Data Structures
- An index of some algorithms and data structures.
- DSACPP Source Code List
- Source code of Tsinghua University course, “Data Structure and Algorithms in C++”
- Comments written in Simplified Chinese. (But not the code!)
- Mathematics for Computer Science
- Good one for the math. Very easy to search, if link breaks (or out of date), search!
- Visualization for algorithms.
CS Reference Style¶
CS Reference Developing Tools¶
CS Reference Web¶
- List of DNS record types
- Http Statuses
- “A collection of standards and specifications, that help make fantastic HTTP/REST APIs. Don’t reinvent the wheel”
- Cipherli.st - Strong Ciphers for Apache, nginx and Lighttpd
CS Reference Misc¶
Reference for Graphic Design¶
I’m not a professional here, see the other collections listed later for more.
Reference for Mathematics¶
- Paul’s Math Notes
- OEIS The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences
- If you want to use guess-and-check to calculate run time of an algorithm.
- Wolfram MathWorld
Reference for Philosophy¶
Reference for History¶
Reference for Privacy¶
Reference for ACGN¶
- Project DIVA Future Tone DX Modules
- In Traditional Chinese.
Reference for Data Science¶
- A Modern Herbal
- Reference for herbs.
- Reference for birds.
- EMOJI CHEAT SHEET
- Google Books Ngram Viewer
- See how the popularity of a word changes.
- CS9: Problem-Solving for the CS Technical Interview
- CS career preparation site from Japan.
Tools for Calculating¶
Tools for Draw and Design¶
Draw and Chart
- Lucid chart
- not free
Online Photoshop (in flash):
Prototyping (Wire Frame) Tools:
- x-icon editor
- Draw, with A.I.
- Enlarge pictures, photos supported
Tools for Human Language Study¶
- The best offline Japanese dictionary software. Note the dictionaries are not included.
- Oxford English Dictionary
- Using English
- Online Etymology Dictionary
- British National Corpus
- “a 100 million word collection of samples of written and spoken language from a wide range of sources, designed to represent a wide cross-section of British English, both spoken and written, from the late twentieth century.”
- Think Exist
- Searching for Quotations
- It should not be here but it is a Japanese site for Q&A.
Tools for Programming¶
- Binary Tree Visualizer
- Data Structure Visualizations
- It has a lot of visualizations
- Cuckoo Hashing Visualization
CS Online Shells¶
- C++ Shell
- Compiler Explorer
- Show the machine codes compiled by each compiler.
- Markdown: Dingus
- Markdown preview
- reStructuredText preview
- LeetCode Playground
Tools for Research¶
- Scimago Journal & Country Rank
- Book database.
- World Cat
- Network of library contents.
- Google Scholar
- CiNii Articles - National Institute of Informatics
- J-STAGE トップ
Tools for Searching¶
- Google Trends
- Search code
- Tin Eye
- Search by image
- Same company as Aol.?
- Web Crawler
- Info Space
- Dog Pile
- Same company as Info Space?
- Start Page
Searching Engines in Japanese:
Tools for Security¶
- Upload a file to scan.
- Virus Total
- Upload a file or choose an URL to scan.
- have i been pwned?
- Check pwned username and password.
Tools for Time¶
- Counting Down to
- World Time Buddy
- Create world clock event
Tools for Web-hosting and so on¶
- Shorten links.
- PageSpeed Insights
- Google PageSpeed Check.
- CA App Synthetic Monitor
- Ping the website
- Down for Everyone or Just Me
- Reverse DNS lookup and Whois and AS.
- MX Toolbox
- Test MX record.
- MX Toolbox ReverseLookup
- Reverse DNS lookup.
- kCheck DKIM Core Key
- Check DNS health.
- Test My Site
- Test load speed and security.
- Heartbleed Test
- Google Transparency Report
- Check security of an URL.
- visualping - Website Change Detection
- Monitor a website.
- Google Public DNS Flush Cache
- 126.96.36.199 Purge Cache
- Dig web interface
- Domain Status
- Internet Archive
- Random password generator.
- “A Globally Recognized Avatar”
- Best cli download utility I used.
Fun Stuff for Developers¶
Time and money saving:
- ifttt bot for free games
- Farming steam cards, saving your time playing games.
- “pixivision is a creative medium for people who prefer that daily life not be dull. It allows you to ‘set aside content born from ingenuity’” - What is pixivision?
- Google Arts and Culture
- CaptionBot of Microsoft
- Recognizes objects in a photo.
- From 2007
Cyber Security Maps
News and Updates¶
News from Institutions¶
News from Companies and Organizations¶
Just a few…
- Google AI
and so on.
News for Developers¶
- Basically all one needs to know for news.
- Hacker News
- Basically all one needs to know for news (more than enough).
- “LWN.net is a reader-supported news site dedicated to producing the best coverage from within the Linux and free software development communities.” from lwn.net
- Java Corner at Artima.com
News for Japanese Learning¶
- There are also “Other Collectors and Publishers” at the bottom of the home page.
- Awesome Cheatsheet
Collections involving Programming¶
For programmers and developers and data scientists and so forth.
- Retrieve awesome repos from GitHub
- Free For Dev
- “A list of SaaS, PaaS and IaaS offerings that have free tiers of interest to devops and infradev”
- Free and open-source software for developers
- Public APIs
- public apis
General Programming Collection¶
- GeekPlux’s Wiki
- One of the blogs inspired me
- Every Programmer Should Know
- The Open Source Data Science Masters
- Collection (?) for Data Science
- Awesome Checklist Checklist
- No idea what the theme is.
- 创造狮 - Website Directory for Creative Workers
- A website focusing on creative workers, including designers, front-end developers, product managers etc.
- In Chinese. Google Translation will do the job.
- Doc of imzlp